Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 16

A full work day. We hooked our computers up to cameras and projectors today and took the next step in the realization of our final projects. A lot of creativity going on in the room that is exciting to watch. Our final showing has been announced. We will present our projects on Saturday, June 20 from 2p - 4p at 3LD Art & Technology Center on 80 Greenwich St. in NYC. A significant amount of our time will now be spent on moving these projects forward.

After dinner, I continued working on my project, which I have called 'Words,Words,Words." Jim Ferolo sent me a link to a wonderful web-based media depository, The Prelinger Archives, where I found a few media asset that I integrated into my project.

Depending on class structure, I hope to spend time calibrating my sensors tomorrow to get the effect I am working for. As usual, I overly complicated the first rendition of my project and was forced to cut it back. Using an over-head camera as a video sensor I had divided the stage into the traditional 9 areas. movement in any of these 9 areas would trigger a specific event. However, given the distance of the camera to the head of a person moving it was impossible for a person to be in only one area so I scaled down to 6 and then four stage areas for the project. The important lessoned learned is that I am able to now specify the sensor the area to any area of the stage on any plane that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment