Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summation




Ten days of fun but intense computer work by a group of artists from around the room, each with a unique perspective on utilizing technology to expand the possibilities of artistic expression, lead by two amazing artist/teachers, Dawn Stopplello and Mark Coniglio, who added a great deal of artistic depth and discussion to a technically driven workshop. The workshop was amazing. As a last minute applicant, I am very happy I was invited in to play. My knowledge of Isadora has grown ten-fold. While I knew the basics of video manipulation when I arrived, I now have a firm understanding of the complex scenes and the dynamic interactivity that can be created with this software.

As important, I had the chance to work, play and watch a wonderful group of people explore the creative possibilities that can only occur through convergence of art and technology.

My time here was well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment